“We have a large number of Wenger Acoustical Doors throughout our music facility – including on offices and rehearsal rooms – and the soundproofing works great.”
— Kelly Rushfeldt, Band Director, San Marcos High School, San Marcos, Texas
Pre-Engineered Acoustical Doors
We’ve heard too many horror stories about poorly fitting doors and inadequate sound isolation. That’s why Wenger engineers and acoustical experts have created an acoustical door that provides superior sound isolation. We’ve created an advanced split-frame design that accommodates virtually any wall thickness so every Wenger acoustical door fits perfectly. After all, even a small gap or imperfection can create enormous acoustical problems. Because our doors are pre-engineered, you’ll be assured a high-integrity installation.
The Wenger Advantage
- Superior Sound Isolation – Every door is pre-engineered to make it easy to install and to provide minimum sound leakage, rather than relying on a contractor to assemble a “door kit.”
- Continuous Cam Lift Hinge – A continuous cam lift hinge eliminates pinch points and provides a solid seal at the bottom of the door for maximum sound isolation.
- Teflon-coated Sweep Seal – Allows door to close easier with stainless steel sill plate and creates a tight seal for maximum sound isolation.
- Split Frame Design – Provides superior installation and dependable performance.
Superior sound isolation for your practice rooms and music faculty offices
- Most doors with 1-hour UL® fire rating
- Durable, maintenance-free hinges up to 100,000 cycles
- Standard mortise pocket for easy leverset installation
- Door widths: 3' (91 cm), 3-1/2' (107 cm), 4' (122 cm), and 6' (1.8 m) double door with removable mullion
- Installs in wall thicknesses 4-1/2" (11 cm) to 12-1/2" (32 cm)
Pre-Engineered Acoustical Doors come in a variety of configurations and sizes. Please call your Wenger representative so that we can first thoroughly understand your needs in order to provide the best solution and an estimate.
Acoustical Door Sizes